lundi 16 avril 2012

LIB readers you guys rock! Watch this Documentary about Oke

We don't just gossip here, we do good too. This is by far one of my proudest moments.We all helped make a difference in the life of someone. Y'all remember Okeoghene Ighiwotho, the diabetic patient who lost his toes and was bedridden for six years? (Read it HERE if you missed it), Well, his life is about to change. He's currently in India to get the surgery he needs to be well again and it's mostly thanks to you all. After I posted his story here, a lot of you took it to Twitter, Facebook, other blogs and kept talking about him until it got the attention of those who can help him.

The governor of Delta state (where Oke is from) read about Oke's situation on this blog and decided to help. I remember getting quite a number of phone calls, e-mails and text messages from one of the governor's SAs ...so this really gladdens my heart.

Oke called me before he left for India and after he got off the phone, I had tears in my eyes. It was the way he said thank you, Linda. I plan to see him when he gets back. Thanks LIB readers, you guys rock!

Continue to watch the documentary about his journey and how LIB made a difference...



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire